Information on Storm Open or Close
Storm Festival is not just the most authentic camp-out music festival in India, but an annual open air love letter to the beauty of nature. An eclectic mix of EDM, world music, adventure and undulating natural vistas, Storm promises to stir up the urge in you to live life to the fullest.
Storm Festival 2013 will be held right in the lap of one of Mother Nature’s favourites ─ the scenic green vistas of Coorg. The festival started with a vision ─ to create a space for oneness... Oneness with the environment, oneness amongst the lovers of all genres of music. Storm was home to this oneness and thousands of Stormers who stayed at the Stormfields and therefore became India’s most authentic camp-out music festival. Never before have over a thousand like minded music lovers stayed together within the campus of a festival like Storm or any other in India.
Storm is a melange of pulsating EDM genres and soul-stirring live acts set in captivating lush green outdoors. The festival is already making its presence felt amongst the calendars of music revellers far and wide. With alluring venues, a charged atmosphere and a promise to preserve and respect Mother Nature ─ Storm takes the concept of “responsible enjoyment” to a new level.
The Storm festival in fact was conceptualised to initiate responsible tourism through music, by driving social awareness messages on initiatives to ban the usage of Plastics and Drugs. Music and an overall experience called Storm are the only highs permitted at the festival.
Venue detailsOpen or Close
Storm 2012 was debuted in the beautifully green locales of Coorg that stands at an altitude of 5000 feet above sea level. Coorg in Karnataka is one of the most famous hill stations and one of the top ten tourist destinations of the country. Coorg is known not just for its un-spoilt, breathtaking vistas and the rich cultural heritage of Coorgs or Kodavas but also for its Coffee estates and spices. Storm 2013 promises to make the experience only better and far more vivid than the festival’s first edition.
FAQs Open or Close
Napoklu, Coorg, Karnataka, India
When is Storm?
1st & 2nd February, 2013.
Where can I buy the tickets?
You can book the tickets here
What is the concept all about?
Storm Festival is a camp out music festival held in the hills. With multiple arenas and stages the festival will continue for 2 days and will be done in a completely eco-friendly manner.
Where will I stay?
You can stay at the camping options provided by us. You can bring extra sleeping bags, as it might get cold at nights. Or else you can stay in any of the hotels or home stays in Coorg and enjoy awesome hospitality of the localites.
What to carry and what not to Open or Close
You are travelling to the most unadulterated hill station in the country, so make sure you carry
• Warm clothing: We don’t mind you getting romantic, but believe us, being warm adds to the romance!
• Shoes/ proper footwear: Trust us; the hills are best felt with your eyes and nose, not with your bare feet.
• Trekking equipment: Just in case you feel like going for one, all allowed after the festival.
• Umbrella: Sit high and dry in case of a spell of rains and snicker at everyone else who was unprepared. Or save yourself from the mid-day sun of Coorg!
• Sleeping Bags: You may carry your sleeping bags to Storm Festival. We shall also provide sleeping bags.
• Camera: Even if you’re not a person that clicks pictures, bring your camera. Force yourself to take photos. Use these to piece together your weekend and post them on the Storm website to win awards beyond belief!
• Costumes: The highland disco is much better in costume! And then you can join the parade. What parade? You’ll see.
• Toilet Paper: You will need this. We promise.
• Hand Sanitizer: See the point made in favor of toilet paper?
• Sunglasses: Preferably bring something cheap because you might lose them.
• Insect Repellent: Have you ever been to the hills and stayed in tents?
• Fake Mustaches: Just in case you need to quickly disguise your identity.
• Duct tape: It proves handy when something is broken. Also to silence your companion, if he isn’t letting you listen to the awesome music of the Storm.
• Ear plugs: should I make a case for them?
If you are as serious as us in the conservation of nature,
• DO NOT BRING Outside alcohol, food, water and beverages. Everything is available in the Storm Festival.
• DO NOT BRING Weapons, fireworks, explosives or illegal substance of any kind. We love peace.
• DO NOT BRING Unauthorized/Unlicensed/Unapproved vending machines
• DO NOT BRING Carts, large backpacks, tents and coolers
• DO NOT BRING Cigarettes, Un-prescribed Drugs, matches, lighters or any prohibited substances into the Festival area.
• DO NOT BRING Glass materials including bottles and food jars--all glass containers will be confiscated upon entry to the festival and no exception will be made
• DO NOT BRING Plastic or any sort of non-degradable substance which you need to dispose off at the Storm Fields.
Do’s and Don’ts Open or Close
• We count on you to collect what you bring on site and take it back to wherever it came from!
• Don’t bring items that will end up in the dump, or that you won’t be able to take them back home again.
• As a Stormer in Coorg, you are requested to participate in enhancing the quality of the environment. Please take care not to hurt the environment in any way.
• You can leave your trace behind by being a part of Storm Festival and not by leaving plastics.
• Bring your ID/Age proof along with your tickets. This is a music festival for kids trapped in adult bodies.
• Storm wristbands to be worn at all times till the end of the festival, failing which you will be asked to leave the premises. That is the “must-have” fashion accessory this season.
• Dog tags given at the check point must be worn at all time; this will help us help you in case of a crisis. Seriously, we help people. (sometimes)
• The nearest ATM is 7km from the venue; please carry cash to avoid inconvenience. Tree houses do not prefer plastic money. However, we might have swipe machines for you to use to buy supplies from Stormfields.
• Please carry thermal wear and sun block. if you don’t then you will regret,
• Lockers will be provided for your personal belongings. We will keep the keys, so bring as less as possible
• Bring along your basic medication. - Especially if you have any prescriptive drugs.
• Carry your tent receipts. It’s unpleasant to sleep under the open sky on a winter night.
• Do take care of your belongings, if you want them to be yours.
• Do bring your phone charger. Let’s try to give you power through solar panels( dream on)
• Respect the wild. Most of them are non-vegetarian. Even if they are not, they might know someone, who is.
• Avoid bringing electronic gadgets.
• Do treat your fellow campers and neighboring tents with some respect. Give some to get some.
• Cigarette’s to be bought & smoked only in the smoking zone. Please Respect our Mother Nature.
• Cigarette butts have to be thrown in the designated bins in the smoking zones. You fail to do so, and we will not hesitate to show you the exit gate.
• Space and logs will be provided for bon fire. Do not use Petrol, aviation fuel, etc.
• Security will be carrying out searches on entry. Comply or get sued for misbehaving with the hot security women.
• Do respect the culture of the land. Coorg has a very rich culture.
• Security has the right to eject anyone not complying with these rules or behaving in an inappropriate manner.
• Bring your sneakers/floaters along for a comfort factor
• Bring torches or buy them at the Storm Merchandise Shack- Let there be light.
• Limit what you bring on site, and remember to clean up behind you.
• Don’t throw things around. Put all garbage & rubbish into bins and bin bags. Remember, it’s our little effort to keep the environment clean.
• Arriving by bus is by far the greenest way to travel to the festival.
• Take your personal tents and all your personal camping equipment home. You might need it another day.
• Strictly No Drugs or No usage of prohibited substance in the Storm Festival Area. Let’s keep our generation and the ones to come safe from its menace.
• No animals- just like you, we too love animals, but they just don’t believe in party floors! Yeah, unless they are party animals!
• No plastics
• No littering
• No inflammable substance such as lighters, match box, fuel etc.
• Please don’t venture out alone. The organizers don’t take the responsibility of any mishap or accidents.
• Don’t leave your baggage unattended.
• Cigarettes, water, beverages , Alcohol and Food are not allowed from outside.
• Pets not allowed.
• Don’t bring valuables. Like we said, we are not responsible if you lose them.
• No sharp objects, heavy objects, helmets, metals & chemicals without prescription allowed inside the festival area.
• Do not engage yourself in fights or brawls. We have NSG commandoes guarding this area, and we are very serious!
• No smoking in the festival area, except in designated smoking Zones.
• Do not cause damage to the nature in and around the festival area
• Do not create your own bon fire.
• If you are going to climb onto your boy friend’s shoulders, think about what you are doing up there. Remember, everything ends up on YouTube.
• Nudity will not be encouraged in whatsoever form. YouTube would be encouraged
Green Storm Open or Close
Coorg is a very eco-friendly place. People here are well aware of their responsibilities towards nature and take great care to preserve it. They are highly appreciative of efforts made to conserve nature and applaud efforts of those who choose to do the same. Storm takes after this eco-consciousness of the Coorgs ─ after all, the organisers are proud Coorgs themselves.
Storm Festival is committed to this cause and has successfully implemented a lot of innovative solutions to keep Coorg as beautiful as it is, forever. This one-of-its-kind festival seeks to cement the concept of responsible enjoyment while keeping a strong focus on preservation and enhancement of the ecosystem. The festival is committed to enhancing the environment through multifarious operations wherever possible, and minimising any negative impact. We all need your help to make it happen. Let’s work together, to keep our carbon footprints as low as possible.
What we do?Open or Close
- We make efforts to recycle products as and when possible.
- All the waste is separated and recycled locally.
- We will continue to introduce greener materials into the festival.
- Our house-keeping team will use eco-friendly/ eco-cover cleaning products to keep your toilets clean.
- We encourage all the people in the festival to use eco-cover products.
- We only employ re-usable plates and bio-degradable materials to a large extent.
- We have introduced compost toilets.
- We love trees. It’s a lot better to romance around the trees. Refer to Bollywood, in case you have doubts!
Terms and Conditions
Open or Close
- Entry on a ticket is valid for one person only and is non transferable.
- Entry shall be valid only for the particular date mentioned on the Day ticket or as mentioned on the festival ticket.
- Only original physical tickets are valid.
- Online receipts or vouchers / copy of the tickets are not valid for entry, unless exchanged for physical tickets.
- The ticket is not valid for entry in to the premises if the ticket or the security hologram affixed on the face of the ticket is tampered with.
- No re-entry allowed to the festival. Applicable to all ticket categories.
- The rights of admission are reserved with the organisers.
- The organizers reserve the right to frisk the ticket holders & their belongings at the entry point and at any given point of time for security reasons. Your co-operation is solicited.
- Only those who are 18 years and older shall be allowed inside the camp site area.
- Children are allowed only at the festival venue as day ticket holders and not in the camp site area.
- Children below 10 years, will be allowed free to the festival premises, only if accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket at all times.
- Children above 10 years and below 18 years, (accompanied by an adult at all times) will have to buy regular Day Tickets to the festival.
- Organisers do not take any responsibility of the children in whatsoever way. Responsibility of children and their safety / actions lies solely with the accompanying adult/s.
- It is mandatory for the adult accompanying the child / children to sign on the indemnity form, taking full responsibility of their action / safety and whatsoever risks involved.
- ID/Age proof to be in physical possession at all times along with your tickets.
- Wristbands to be worn at all times till the end of the festival, failing which you will be asked to leave the premises without any explanation.
- Outside food, beverages, alcohol, cigarettes, match boxes, lighters, any inflammable substances, fire arms, any weapons / sharp objects are strictly prohibited at the festival.
- This is a DRUG-FREE ZONE. Narcotics & illegal contraband products/ substances of any kind are strictly prohibited inside the venue. People under the influence or in possession of any such contraband will be evicted from the festival premises and handed over to the authorities.
- Do not venture out of the camp area alone.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended.
- Organizers will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any loss of belongings, theft, bodily injuries or death due to personal negligence, vehicles or any untoward incidents whatsoever, that may occur.
- This event / festival is subjected to force majeure conditions.
- No overnight camping in the venue is allowed unless booked earlier.
- No refunds will be made.
- Please carry ample cash for your purchases, to avoid inconvenience. Debit / Credit cards will not be accepted for any purchases.
- Please carry thermal wear/ warm clothes and sun block. The days are fairly warm, while the nights can be cold.
- Wear shorts, but don't forget to carry insect repellent.
- Basic medication allowed but only with relevant prescription.
- Carry your tent receipts.
- Respect the nature and adhere to the values of responsible tourism.
- DO NOT LITTER OR USE PLASTICS. Deposit garbage at the nearest dustbin.
- Do treat your fellow campers and neighbouring tents with respect.
- Do respect the culture of the land of Kodagu (Coorg).
- Any damage caused by an individual or individuals to public, property or any element in or around the festival, is liable to be compensated accordingly after the organizers assess the damages.
- The entire Festival area is under CCTV surveillance.
- Security has the right to evict anyone not complying with the rules or behaving in an inappropriate manner.
- All laws and conditions of the land laid down by the concerned authorities shall be adhered to by one and all.
- Help us to make this the cleanest, happiest festival.